Look out, readers. It’s Top Ten Tuesday Time, and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Bookish Confessions!
You know what to do. Read my list, head on over to the Broke and the Bookish to see the confessions of other readers, and leave your own in the comments.
So, here are the top ten things I have done (or failed to do) for the love of books:
1. I have allowed my daughter to watch Dora the Explorer so that I have more time to read.
2. I have kept books past their due date, even when there is a hold on them, so that I can finish reading them.
3. I have spent vacations ignoring the exotic location because I was too engrossed in a book.
4. I have read books at the dinner table.
5. I have pretended that I was getting ready in the morning when in fact I was sneaking a few more pages of a book.
6. I have looked forward to commercial breaks for the extra minute of reading time.
7. I have stayed up way past my bedtime to finish a book.
8. I have treasured bookish house guests, because their visits include quiet time for reading.
9. I have checked out more books from the library than it’s possible to finish before the books must be returned.
10. I have put down my own book, turned off Dora, or otherwise dropped everything when my daughter says, “Read to me!”
So, spill: What are your bookish confessions?